Yay, I finally got my site up and running on my own machine in our office. Running off an Ubuntu 7.10 Server, with the default LAMP install. I am pretty chuffed that this is now working I can tell you. Man, it took a while, and it was soooo much easier in XAMPP on Windows, but I required a challenge and wanted to learn something from scratch so that I could get this running and then understand how to admin it, and wanted it to use minimal resources too. Had to get my mate to help too thought as WordPress sure does some weird things to the database on install. Well the info it writes in there that is. Like IP Address and full directory paths, etc. That took a while to solve, and finally got to bed at like 01h00 last night. But Woo Hoo, it’s finally running so there! 🙂
Well, this is now my first post, and I have a few planned still:
1) Get mail working – properly
2) Change the WordPress theme, and begin customising it.
3) Get analytics up and running
4) Think about mucking about with the Server build, as it is currently running off drive 2 of a 2 drive system. Drive 1 was for a Windows build that I was fiddling with.
5) Get Gallery2 running for picture serving and photo storage and I could really use the extra drive there then as that will take a lot I fear.
6) Get Dad’s site, tony.westby-nunn.com up and running, so he can start blogging and put the info on his business cards. Don’t tell mom! 🙂
Anyway, back to do some work and more research
Easy Going Guy 😉